Based in Sydney, Ripper TechLab is the tech division of Ripper Corporation responsible for the research and development of specialist technology for the protection of communities and the saving of lives.
Major Tech Projects
Little Ripper Lifesaver drones are the first in Australia to successfully run multiple drones along the coast of Australia from Sydney, Newcastle and Port Macquarie in New South Wales to the Gold Coast in Queensland using one web browser known as Cloud Ground Control Developed by partner Advanced Navigation.
Cloud Ground Control Key Features:
- Monitor and control up to 1000 drones from a web browser
- High security with strong end to end encryption
- No drone or technical knowledge needed
- Connects to your drones over 4G/5G networks
- Access using a web browser from any internet-connected device
Partnered with Advanced Navigation
Powered by Cloud Ground Control
Together with our Research Partner University of Technology Sydney (UTS) Ripper TechLab has developed their Spotter AI software using AI to detect marine life such as sharks and crocodiles, with Sharkspotter, and Crocspotter.
Currently in development is the expansion of the suite of the Spotter© technologies will include (RipSpotter©, DistressSpotter©, PeopleCounter©, etc), and the suite of sensors (multi and hyperspectral, Thermal Infrared, LIDAR, LASER, etc), and enhanced processing capability with higher bandwidth and efficient onboard processing.
Partnered with UTS
We are Industry Leaders
Ripper TechLab – specialising in the development of tech-enabled drones for the protection of community and the saving of lives
- First to develop a real-time artificial intelligence shark detection capability from a drone, which has been shown to have a 93% accuracy.
- First to develop a crocodile detection capability from a drone.
- First to deploy an artificial intelligence capability on drones to distinguish between sixteen types of marine life and hence assist in marine conservation.
- First to transmit this situation data information for first responders to the cloud with ultra-low latency, thus enabling instant response in emergency situations.
- RipperLive, Our ultra-low latency for live streaming has been demonstrated around the world working with Amazon AWS which will enable fast frontline decisions by experts working remotely off-site
- Sea Marker dye technology was created as a new payload developed by The Ripper Group for small mavic drones to be used daily by lifesaving groups. Sea marker dye had been utilised in actual search and recovery missions with SLSQ and Water Police on the Little Rippers (M600) since 2017.
- Ripper Corp partner with Advanced Navigation in a world first to simultaneously fly multiple drones along a 1000 km stretch of Australia’s coastline.
- 2020 Australian Association for Unmanned Systems (AAUS)
- Artificial Intelligence Technology of the Year Merit Award
- Industry Champion for Innovation
- Research and Development Project of the Year
- Artificial Intelligence Innovation of the Year
- Community Service Award
- Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning Innovation of the Year